USER INFORMATION (Applicable to Students in the European Union)
ACADEMICA INTERNATIONAL STUDIES, hereinafter the CONTROLLER, is responsible for the processing of the User’s personal data and informs them that the data will be processed in accordance with the provisions of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 (GDPR) on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data. Therefore, the CONTROLLER provides the following information to the User regarding the processing of User data:
Purpose of the processing: to maintain a commercial relationship with the User. The planned processing operations are:
- Sending commercial advertising communications by email, fax, SMS, MMS, social communities or by any other electronic or physical means, present or future, that make it possible to carry out commercial communications. These communications will be made by the CONTROLLER and will be related to their products and services, or those of their partners or suppliers with whom they have reached an agreement. In this case, the third parties will never have access to personal data.
- Conducting statistical studies.
- Processing orders, queries or any type of request made by the user through any of the available contact methods.
- Sending newsletters. • For users who are current, former, or prospective students of an education institution operated by CONTROLLER: In furtherance of the legitimate interest of CONTROLLER, CONTROLLER shall engage in the collection and retention of student data that is standard and typical for a school to collect and retain for a student’s admission into, and progression through, an academic program, including but not limited to such information as the student names, dates and locations of birth, grade levels, gender information, nationalities, native languages, e-mail address(es), phone number(s), video/voice chat screen names, prospective graduation dates, parents’ names and contact information, home schools, academic history and performance data from home school programs (including home school transcript information), academic performance/grades in CONTROLLER’s academic program, and other information pertaining to student’s tenure in CONTROLLER’s academic program.
Legal basis of the processing: The Data Subject’s consent; legitimate interest of CONTROLLER to provide educational services and keep student records for the purposes of running an educational institution.
Data storage criteria: Data will be stored while there is a mutual interest in maintaining the data or to the extent that CONTROLLER has a legitimate interest to provide educational services and/or keep student records for the purposes of operating an educational institution, unless overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the User which require protection of personal data. When such purpose is no longer necessary, the data will be erased with the adequate security measures to ensure the pseudonymization or the complete destruction of the data.
Data disclosure: The data will not be disclosed to third parties, unless legally required.
Rights of the User:
- Right to withdraw consent at any time.
- Right of access, rectification, portability and erasure of their data and the restriction or objection to their processing, with such rights limited to the extent that CONTROLLER maintains a legitimate interest to provide training services and keep student records for the purposes of running an educational institution, unless overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the User which require protection of personal data.
- The right to file a claim with the appropriate governmental organization if you consider that the processing does not comply with prevailing law.
Contact information for exercising rights:
Postal address: ACADEMICA INTERNATIONAL STUDIES. 6340 SUNSET DRIVE, MIAMI, FLORIDA, USA 33143, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- COMPULSORY OR OPTIONAL NATURE OF THE INFORMATION PROVIDED BY THE USER
The Users, by marking the corresponding boxes and entering data in the fields, marked with an asterisk (*) in the contact form or download forms, accept expressly and in a free and unequivocal way that their data are necessary for the supplier to meet their request, voluntarily providing their data in the remaining fields. The User ensures that the personal data provided to the CONTROLLER are true and is responsible for communicating any changes to them.
The CONTROLLER informs and expressly ensures users that their personal data will not be transferred to third parties under any circumstances, except to authorized processors in accordance with applicable privacy law, or with the express, informed and unequivocal consent of the Users. All data requested through the website are mandatory, as they are necessary for the provision of services to the User.
- SECURITY MEASURES
That in accordance with the provisions of the current regulations on the protection of personal data, the CONTROLLER is complying with all the provisions of the GDPR regulations for processing the personal data for which they are responsible, and is manifestly complying with the principles described in Article 5 of the GDPR, by which they are processed in a lawful, fair and transparent manner in relation to the data subject and appropriate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed.
The CONTROLLER guarantees that all appropriate technical and organizational policies have been implemented to apply the security measures established by the GDPR in order to protect the rights and freedoms of Users, and has communicated the appropriate information for them to be able to exercise their rights and freedoms.